T.E.S.T. Interview: MadeByJacqueline

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 16th in our series, an interview with Jacqueline of MadeByJacqueline.

What got you started in this art-form of card-making?

I got a scrap-booking kit as a gift and took a crop class; soon after I began making handmade cards for family and friends. With the compliments I received I started making more and participating in local craft sales.

How long have you been doing this?

It all started in 2007; however it was not until 2008 that it became a real hobby. Just last month I decided to open my etsy shop to share my handmade creations.

Do you do customized cards?

Yes of course. I actually just completed two custom cards for a fellow TEST member. She wanted a 40th card for someone that likes wine; and a 60th card for someone who enjoys reading.

Beside Etsy how do you sell and advertise your business?

I have my blog which I add to daily with new creations, card challenges and fun giveaways. Recently I have joined twitter (@madebyjacquelin); I participate in local forums and provide updates to my mailing list. I participate in regular craft shows (usually in the spring and fall).

What do you do as a day job?

LOL ... I am in engineering ... far stretch from art; but I love that my crafting is a great escape.


I'd also like to add that besides handmade cards I make a lot of unique paper crafts such as my tile art (see photo), post it holders (see photo) and friendship seeds (see photo).

Find more by Jacqueline in her etsy store, on her blog, or by following her on Twitter. If you check out her blog you can find a code for limited time free shipping sale (til Sunday)! You can also find her at the upcoming Huttonville Spring Craft & Antique Show.

Interviewed by Lady Dylana of dylanadesigns in March, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting - I am having a free shipping sale (til Sunday) please go to my blog to get the code - limited time offer
    Made by Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails