T.E.S.T. Interview: PurpleLilacAmigurumi

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the 84th in our series and is with Tahani from PurpleLilacAmigurumi


How did you get started with your craft? 

My journey started 5 years ago when I saw some beautiful crocheted toys (amigurumi) on twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.  Amigurumi is a Japaneses word for stuffed crocheted dolls (ami=crochet gurumi=doll).  I really liked what I saw and decided to start learning the ins and outs of crochet.  I'm self taught.  I watched many youtube videos illustrating crochet techniques and amigurumi basics and I became more experienced with time.

What motivates your creativity? 

Following talented crafters on social media and watching their youtube videos.

What have you found a struggle with your venture this far? 

Advertising  and figuring out how to reach my target customers.  I need to offer new ideas to attract customers and keep advertising to reach more people.

Where do you see yourself in this business in 5 years? 

Currently I have an Etsy store and social media accounts. I hope in the upcoming years to open my own website, reach more customers through promotions and participation in bazaar exhibits and pop up events.

What have you learned that you would like to pass on to others who're interested in starting their own business? 

Patience is key, invest more time and explore the crafty and creative side of your personality.Show your talent to people around the world, share happiness with everybody and colour their life.


Check out the other items available from Tahani in her Etsy shop. You can also find her at: 
Twitter @thepurplelilac
Instagram @thepurplelilac
Facebook: /thepurplelilacamigurumi
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/LilacAmigurumi/
Tumblr: thepurplelilac.tumblr.com/
Website: www.thepurplelilac.com



Interviewed by Tamika of POEssentials June 5, 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails