T.E.S.T. interview: clairevowles of Crafty Mosaics

We hope to introduce you to all the great etsy sellers to be found right here in Toronto. Here at the T.E.S.T. blog, we plan to interview them all. This is the twelfth in our series, an interview with clairevowles of Crafty Mosaics.

Tell us about yourself. What prompted you to start Crafty Mosaics?







I'm 36, married with 3 kids aged 6,4 and 2. I have always loved Mosaic Art of all kinds but a few years back I started attending Mosaic Classes at Mosaic Beach Studios. Here I learned many techniques and was able to make many different projects. I have made many pieces for myself, friends and family and was running out of ideas of what to make. I found some pendant trays that would be perfect to mosaic so I made a few pieces of jewellery for myself as well as for gifts and really loved how they turned out. I got a lot of compliments on them when I wore them and people were always asking for pieces themselves. So I thought I would start Crafty Mosaics and try to sell them on Etsy to see if I could make a go at it. I have loved Etsy since I first heard of it a year or two back and have made many purchases on Etsy for various items. I was so happy with every product I purchased and felt very trusting in the whole process. I love the concept of giving people a chance to sell their handmade goods and I am now really excited to be a part of it.

What is your biggest inspiration for your pieces?

My biggest inspiration is quite simple, it is to see people enjoy the jewellery and art as much as I do!

What is your favourite part of the jewellery making process?

My favourite part of making Jewellery; or any mosaic piece for that matter; is how it transforms as I make it. It rarely turns out how I originally intended (for better or for worse) but more often I am pleasantly surprised with the outcome. It keeps me on my toes and I’m always learning new techniques and tricks of the trade with every piece I make.

Where do you see Crafty Mosaics in ten years time?

I see Crafty Mosaics with many more products, a larger jewellery line as well as other non-jewellery pieces such as custom number signs for people’s homes. My hope is that one day I will be able to support my hobby so I can continue to mosaic regularly.

Visit Claire's Etsy shop Crafty Mosaics or her website to see more of her creations! Read her blog here. Interviewed by katecancreate in February, 2011.

2 comments:

  1. So happy to learn about this wonderful shop! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you Sea Flower Studios, for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails